Friday, June 1, 2007

A new change, a good sign....

I just got off the phone with Vicki Jacobs, a Physicians Assistant from the endocrinologists office. We have a plan for getting off steriods. YEAH.
As many of you know, I have been on steriods for over a year now. A couple of months ago I changed from Prednisone to Hydrocortisone. My body tolerated the change and two weeks ago I reduced the medication from 25 mg daily to 20 mg. The biggest change was that I no longer had to take the steriod at night. I believe that has helped some of my sleeping issues (inability to sleep).
Starting tomorrow I will reduce the medication to 15 mg daily and if my body tolerates that change I can stop taking it completely on Sunday, June 10th. He actually said a week but we'll be camping and if I am going to have any serious side effects I prefer to be close to home rather than in a tent.
I'll keep you posted.
Kris

No comments: