Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday and detours...

Good Morning,
It's Thursday and a lot is happening today. I have a bone density test at 1:00 PM, other lab work to follow and then an appointment with Dr. Cohen my rheumatologist at 2:30 PM.
I feel as though I am ready to return to work and I hope that the test results and her expert opinion are all lined up for that to happen. It's now been almost three weeks since I have swallowed a steroid and although the aches and discomfort have increased it's not what it was at this time last year and it is certainly not bad enough to go back on the them.
The side effects of yesterdays injection are the same as weeks past. I am more fatigued than usual today but happily no throbbing headache. While at the doctor today I am going to inquire on changing the injection day from Wednesday to Friday or Saturday so that when I return to work this effect won't slow me down or keep me out of the office.

Detours was the next item on the list.
Do detour signs make you smile? Of course not, at least not yet.
Many times in our lives we will be cruising along with a destination in mind and out of no where, with no warning a detour pops up. I recall one such detour during college. I applied for the school of education and I wasn't accepted. I was devastated and you know what my wise parents said..."Kris, it's just a detour. It doesn't mean you aren't going to get where you want to be, it just means it might take you a little longer to get there. Don't forget to enjoy the unexpected change in the scenery." I am not a teacher, well, not a traditional teacher. I do however have a very important teaching position in life, Jake and Emma and anyone else watching. The unexpected change in scenery is beautiful.
Enjoy life's detours. They were put there for a reason.

Have a great day and thanks again for dropping by to visit with me.

Kris

1 comment:

Dad and Mom said...

Kris, you a very strong woman! And very wise as well. Dad and I are very proud of you. Love, Mom