Friday, June 1, 2007

Live and Learn

Yesterday was a really good day. After completing my daily dose of physical therapy (one day I work on my arms, abs and neck, the next day my legs, abs and neck) I decided to take a 15 minute walk around the neighborhood. Our neighbor Mary was just starting her daily walk so we walked together. I'm pretty sure we walked longer than 15 minutes and I am absolutely sure I walked at a quicker pace then I would have if I had been walking solo. It was wonderful.
Jake and Emma have swimming lessons on Thursday afternoons and I have been using that time to get in the pool and do some water walking. I walked for 10 minutes. (I love lap swimming, that activity is not yet approved by my physical therapist).
Here's my live and learn:
When I'm feeling good I have to be very careful not to over do it. Today I am pretty beat (fatigue is higher than normal). The great news is that I can take a nap and I am listening to my body and I am learning. Until I get stronger 15 minutes of exercise type of activity is my limit. When I think it's time to increase that, it will be in shorter intervals, maybe adding two minutes instead of ten would be a smarter choice.

That's all for now. Thanks for checking in.

Here's my quote for the day. It's from Nancy Davis, author of "Lean on Me"

"Move forward every day; seek new ways to build strength and confidence in your journey toward health."

Kris

No comments: