Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I'm alright

Good Morning,
I went for a walk this morning and tuned my ipod into my favorite singer/songwriter, Phil Vasser. He wrote a song called "I'm Alright" (I think he wrote it for another artist)
The chorus is "I'm all, I'm all, I'm alright....it's a beautiful day, not a cloud in site, so I guess I'm doing alright." The song just makes me smile.
I am alright :0)
Not sure if you read my sister "Roo"'s comment on the last blog post but this Thursday is opening day of Summerfest. Phil Vasser will be performing at the Briggs and Stratton Big Backyard at 8:30. In years past I have been there with Bill, our friends Kim and Joe, my sister Vicki and others.....I will miss that this year. Summerfest requires alot of walking and standing and dancing and although fun, it wouldn't be the wisest way for me to utilize my energy.
The theme of this years 40th anniversary of Summerfest is "Smile On". That's perfect.
I shall "smile on" and I hope you will too.
Thursday also marks my next doctor appointment. I will have a series of tests done and it is my hope that together my doctor and I can decide when I can go back to work. There is the possibility that I will be able to wean from another medication called Imuran (azathioprine). I am not sure the side effects of that but I will be sure to get the details and let you know what I can expect.

Quote for the day:
" If you don't scale the mountain, you can't see the view." - Author Unknown-

I believe I owe you a few bits of information regarding hawks and bicycle pedels and other items of that nature. I will work on that later today. Check back in when you have a chance.
Take Care.
Kris

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Hey there -
Thank you (and Bill) so much for giving me the opportunity to spend some time with Emma and Jake tonight. I was going to say that I'm not sure who has more fun, but it's me - definitely me!
Then I came home and read your entry from today. You have a wonderful gift of encouragement and it is evident not only in your 'blogging', but in the examples of your life and the conversations you have with others. That might be what makes you such a great manager, your desire to help those around you succeed. But, that is not just a gift for a great manager, but for any and all the roles you fill: wife and mother, supervisor and co-worker, neighbor, friend and most important to me - sister!
And, you introduced me to Phil (Vassar, that is) and it's not going to be the same to be there without you. The new CD is on me when available...love ya.